Flu Clinic Update
We are holding our next flu clinic on 𝗦𝗮𝘁𝘂𝗿𝗱𝗮𝘆 𝟭7𝘁𝗵 𝗢𝗰𝘁𝗼𝗯𝗲𝗿 𝗯𝗲𝘁𝘄𝗲𝗲𝗻 𝟴𝗮𝗺 𝗮𝗻𝗱 𝟭𝟬𝗮𝗺 at the Barton surgery.
𝗪𝗲 𝗮𝗿𝗲 𝗵𝗼𝗹𝗱𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗰𝗹𝗶𝗻𝗶𝗰 𝗳𝗼𝗿:
- 𝗣𝗮𝘁𝗶𝗲𝗻𝘁𝘀 𝘄𝗵𝗼 𝗮𝗿𝗲 𝗼𝘃𝗲𝗿 𝟲𝟱
𝗜 𝗮𝗺 𝗮𝗹𝗺𝗼𝘀𝘁 𝟲𝟱, 𝗮𝗺 𝗜 𝗲𝗹𝗶𝗴𝗶𝗯𝗹𝗲 𝗻𝗼𝘄?
Yes. As with previous years, anyone who will be 65 years old by the 31st March 2021 will be entitled to receive a flu vaccine from the 65+ supply even before they physically turn 65.
As we all know, this current pandemic is an unprecedented situation and we have to plan in detail how patients will access their flu immunisation in a safe and efficient manner. In light of this we kindly ask for your patience and co-operation in adhering to the new format we have introduced this year detailed below.
New Format – what to expect on the day:
• Clinics will commence from 8am at Central Surgery in Barton.
• You will be asked to queue from the main entrance of the surgery, down towards Burgate. If arriving as a pair ie with partner (as both eligible for the vaccine), accompanied by Carer or relative you can remain as a pair in the queue keeping socially distanced from others at all times.
• If it is raining on the day, please come prepared with an umbrella as the queue will be outside for a short period of time.
• A member of our team will be in attendance at the front of the surgery directing the flow of the queue into dedicated entrance doors.
• You will be reminded to wear a face mask or covering (a see through shield is perfectly acceptable) and invited into the surgery through one of two entrance doors when capacity allows.
• A member of our team will book you in at our reception check in and ask you to roll up your sleeve in preparation for your injection. Please try to wear clothing which makes it easy to expose your upper arm.
• When indicated you will be asked to proceed into an allocated waiting area. A member of our team will be in attendance in each of the waiting areas managing the flow of the queue leading you to one of the stations where one of our GP’s will administer your flu vaccines.
• Once the vaccine has been administered you should follow the directional signage and exit the building via the ‘fire exit door’ at the end of the building (next to the job centre). A member of our team will be in attendance at the exit door managing a smooth flow of patients out of the building. You should remain in your pair if together and socially distanced at all times.
Childrens Flu vaccination/nasal spray will receive an invite from the practice in due course advsising to book an appointment.
𝗪𝗲 𝘄𝗶𝗹𝗹 𝗮𝗹𝘀𝗼 𝗯𝗲 𝘀𝗲𝗻𝗱𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝘁𝗲𝘅𝘁 𝗺𝗲𝘀𝘀𝗮𝗴𝗲𝘀 𝘁𝗼 𝘁𝗵𝗼𝘀𝗲 𝗽𝗮𝘁𝗶𝗲𝗻𝘁𝘀 𝘄𝗵𝗼 𝗮𝗿𝗲 𝗲𝗹𝗶𝗴𝗶𝗯𝗹𝗲. We advise you contact the surgery to update your contact details if they are incorrect.
We thank you for your understanding and co-operation during this difficult time.
We again ask for your patience. As soon as we have confirmation when further vaccines will be delivered we will be able to arrange additional clinics and publish clinic dates.