This website tells you about
the practice and the services that we offer, therefore please read it carefully.
We trust you will find it helpful and informative. Barton upon Humber saw one
of the first ever group practices when it was formed in 1930. The practice is
changing and developing to provide our patients with the most up-to-date care
in the NHS.
Barton upon Humber,
The Village Surgery
St Nicholas School
Telephone Numbers (all surgeries)
|All Appointments & Enquiries
Central Surgery in Barton is open from 8.00am until 6.30pm, Monday to Friday, excluding
Bank & Public Holidays.
The Village Surgery in Goxhill is open from 8.00am until 1.00pm and then from 2.00pm until
6.00pm, Monday to Thursday. The opening hours for a Friday are now 8.00am until 1.00pm and then from 2.00pm until 4.00pm. This does not affect the opening times for the Pharmacy.
The Surgery in Ulceby is open from 2.00pm until 4.00pm on a Tuesday, by appointment only.
Catchment Area Map
Please click here for a map of our catchment area
Practice News and Notices
Commencing the 7th March, The Village Surgery Goxhill will close from 4pm on a Friday. This will not affect the Village Pharmacy.
- An external clinic for Sexual Health is held at the Barton surgery on a Tuesday and Thursday 2-5pm. This is a 'walk in' clinic, however if an appointment is preferred the contact number is 0300 330 1122.
- Dr Longden has now left the practice, care of his patients has been taken over by Dr Al-Hadithi.
- A big well done from everyone at the surgery to Dr Rauf for acheiving her Diploma in Palliative Care!
- CALL THE MIDWIFE- If you have recently discovered that you are pregnant you can self refer direct to the midwives by contacting 01652 660052.
*Please note:- Patients are registered with the practice and not an individual doctor. However, we appoint a named doctor for administrative reasons. Patients are able to choose to consult any doctor within the practice if there is an available appointment for that doctor. However, no guarantee can be given that they will be able to see one specific doctor.
- IMPORTANT INFORMATION REGARDING MEDICAL RECORDS
A modern information system has been developed, which will make increased use of information from medical records. Please follow the link below for more information:
- If you are 70 or 79 on the 1st September 2013, you are eligible for a Shingles Vaccination. Please contact the surgery on 01652 636600 option 1, or alternatively you may present to front desk, to arrange an appointment.
- The prescription service has now changed. Instead of the current e-mail address and online form, you will instead be required to have log in details to access an account to order your prescription.
Please refer to the prescriptions page www.centralsurgery-barton.co.uk/repeat.asp or ask at reception for more information.
The Practice now provides an on-line booking service for a number of appointments, available to book from 7.00am on the day.
This is designed to help those patients who have difficulty in booking an appointment during normal surgery hours.
Any patient wishing to take advantage of this service, MUST present at the Surgery to Register and receive a unique PASSWORD.
Proof of identity MUST be brought with you when registering.
Such as a utility bill, drivers Licence, or passport .
The total amount of patients who DID NOT ATTEND their Doctors appointment in December was 76. This is equivalent to 13.5 hours lost Doctors time.
The total amount of patients who DID NOT ATTEND their Nurses appointment in December was 226. This is equivalent to just over 47 hours lost Nurses time.
It is very important to cancel any appointments you are unable to attend.
The practice would like to thank the various advertisers who have helped to produce this Website. However, it must be pointed out that the accuracy of any statements cannot be warranted, nor any products or services advertised, be guaranteed or endorsed.